Welcome to The best underpinning experts in Adelaide
For all Commercial as well as residential. get free quote
Does My Building deserve or Need Underpinning?
When you come to SA underpinning we wholly address all those pressing underpinning needs that give headaches to all commercial and also residential property owners. The moment when you visually notice any cracks appearing on either the internal or external section of your building, then such visible cracks that appear on your wall are a clear indication of the prevalence of some existing structural compressions that are hell bent on destabilizing the foundation of your structure. Several factors are known to cause this state, in most cases such an occurrence can be brought about as a result of erosion, and at times it can be occasioned by soil movement or even earthquakes to a very large extent in some documented cases. When cracks become visible on any section of your building, you have to thoroughly come up with the best way that will see your foundation firmly supported through underpinning. If such a situation ends up being ignored, and the cracks are left gapping unattended then you definitely put yourself at the risk of facing very unbearable consequences that will arise from your occupancy and even ownership of the building. Below are some of the most significant salient features that you ought to keenly observe to put you in the clear picture of knowing whether your building needs underpinning:
- The external bricks layouts show signs of cracking and also drifting apart.
- The building is evidently bending as a result of unchecked weight.
- Visible cracks on any of the internal walls, this is evidenced by doors not fitting squarely inside the frames.
- Bumpy flooring
- The downpipes on the building are not lined towards the outlet and at the same time appears to bend in some other places.
- The general view of building from any angle shows that it is actually lopsided.
What is underpinning?
At SA underpinning, we opt to make use of the conventional system of underpinning that involves the digging of holes measuring approximately 1.2 meters at a depth that is lower than the prevailing footing. Concrete is poured to fill up to about 0.3 meters underneath the current footing alongside suitable steel for strengthening the ballast within the excavated holes. Determination of exact number of holes to be dug is based on how severe the building is cracked or sagging. Concrete will be allowed to cure for a five day period before we get back to your site and put in place several heavy duty jacks underneath the foundation to squarely rest on the concrete. To be precise, the positioned jacks will automatically be pumped up to create a very sturdy lift on the foundation that will definitely close any cracks and also voids. We totally seal all cracks measuring between 10-20 millimeters wide.
The moment all the cracks on the building are completely sealed we will install heavy duty props as replacements of the jacks, or on the other hand we can leave the jacks in place and then we pour more concrete and also add extra steel reinforcement to absolutely seal all the holes that were actually excavated in the region of your building.
Our famed underpinning process comes with a number of advantages on the side of the owner and also tenants of the structure as provided below:
- Underpinning of the walls will give way to stabilization of the building while providing for more strength meant to withstand any extra weight.
- Underpinning puts to the surface some unknown mechanisms of your building to pave way for renovations and other needed improvements.
- In general, the homeowner will gain more in terms of additional comfort and safety.
- The process has a value addition effect on the structure both economically and practically.
- When done at the right time, underpinning brings about enormous savings by prevention of any resultant damage that would otherwise have befallen your building.
You ought to get started today.
At SA underpinning our work speaks volumes about ourselves and that is why we carry out annual evaluations of all the projects we have undertaken to ensure an excellent outcome for your recently underpinned building.
Our Services in Adelaide
At SA underpinning we are blessed with a team of expertly trained professionals assigned to projects in order to execute planned underpinning activities to the best of their expertise while allowing for minimal disruptions to any tenants and adjacent occupants. They normally carry out their functions very independently with the understanding that all underpinning works vary from one type to another, no assignment is too gigantic or difficult to handle. We are endowed with the technical capability of correcting any kind of internal crack on your building by patching up, carrying out repairs, effecting replacements and doing painting work to make your building appear exactly in the same way it looked on the very day of its initial completion prior to occupation but this time round it will be sitting squarely on the most firm foundation.
- Salt Damp repairs
- Crack repairs