Welcome to Bored and Small Scale Contiguous Piles
These types of services are often needed for protection of the home in case Water service providers have to dig or require maintaining their service line that is close to your building. The bored and small scale piles do extend weight of your building foundations much deeper in the soil thus underpinning your structure if at all the service line for utilities like water will require any digging up.
In some cases, these piles are used if the conditions of the ground onsite aren’t perfect for building your structure. They pave way for the weight of your building to become spread much wider over the soils and can end up being dug down deep to solid rock when the necessity arises.
The process method is usually used in permanent wall applications. Some structural piles are expertly installed at very close spacing’s characteristically with a one hundred millimeter gap between the piles. The soils are therefore well exposed during the excavation but they will often be temporarily self supporting due to arching. This Bored and small scale contiguous piles method is appropriate in different soils where groundwater is below maximum excavation depth.
The bored and small scale contiguous piles are cast after drilling is done with reverse circulation, small diameter hammers are used as well as compressed air. The bored and small scale contiguous piles that are installed in the common soils with a presence of water table close by, often deserve the short temporary casings to be used with a drilling fluid that is used as a static suspension for providing the needed support to the surrounding soil as the pile exaction goes on up to when the complete backfill of pile of pile excavation and concrete for the purpose of preventing any instance of caving in of excavation and also stabilization of the surrounding soil formation. The drilling fluids, when required, water can be used, suspensions of polymers, this is dependent on the type of soil and the conditions of the soil, the presence and elevation of the water table.
In case you need to use steel casings, then you can use them temporarily, in situations where the thickness of the wall give s provision for multiple uses, however, where permanent casings are used they are sacrificial casings when t he wall thickness is small necessitating the need of driving the case through the ground.
The bored and small scale contiguous piles applications in Adelaide
The bored and small scale contiguous piles are used in various foundations both on land and water due to the versatility of the bored piles with the reinforcement provided in the required application. It is normal to have some double wall cages so as to accommodate all bars that are needed, caution should be exercised to provide enough space in between the bars so as the concrete can be able to low through without any difficulty.
The bored and small scale contiguous piles can as well be used in the retention of walls, with or sometimes without the use of soil anchors that are post-tensioned as tie back.
The testing of the bored and small scale contiguous piles is done in two distinct stages, in the first stage the testing is done to verify the design assumptions as well as the achievable design load, which is done prior to executing the working piles. They are appropriately installed in the construction area according to the design and tested for integrity then continuity using the pile integrity test before testing the load bearing capacity.
- The bored and small scale contiguous piles can be effectively installed into various types of obstacles as well as old basement foundations including underground masonry.
- Depending on techniques that have been applied, drilling can actually be carried out through any layers of rock or concrete.
- The bored and small scale contiguous piles are adaptable to any kind of irregular geometry as well as all layouts of excavations with difficult contours this is in respect to all diaphragm walls, all pile walls tend to have an improved construction position flexibility)
- The excavations done are of limited sizes just small-scaleand they all have reduced dimensions
Advantages of the bored and small scale contiguous piles in Adelaide
The bored and small scale contiguous piles has foundation specialties that make them unique because they are high pressure injected as the steel used is of high capacity. Some of the advantages associated with it include the following:
- Flexibility: The small scale thickness as well as the anchoring system gives provision for a range of options that makes maximum usage of the site, as it makes it possible to maintain the boundaries as well as the integrity of the surrounding property.
- Low cost: the distinctive design of the bored and small scale contiguous piles makes it easy to be applied for use at a much lesser cost.
- Reduced disturbance to the ground: the system used in the installation process has very little vibration that gets transmitted to the neighboring areas and sites and thus lessens the risk of getting any adjacent building being damaged.